We now offer online consultations to provide the very best in respiratory physiotherapy advice and treatment from the comfort of your own home.
What is the cost of an e-consultation cost?
All video-health consultations are set at $54.60. This means that if you have a referral from your GP in the form of a 'care plan' Medicare will cover the entire cost of the consultation and there will be no out of pocket expense. It is necessary that you speak to your GP prior to your consultation to assess your eligibility for a care plan. You may also access rebates through private health insurers, DVA, NDIS and WorkCover - for full details see our Pricing page.
What does an e-consultation involve?
An e-consultation involves our therapists providing high quality treatment to you from your own home. In a typical e-consultation you can expect;
- A thorough history from our experienced staff
- A variety e-tests including specific questionnaires, self administered breathing tests and exercise capacity testing to help us diagnose and quantify your breathing issues.
- Treatment prescription of relevant breathing exercises, specialised lung trainers or clearance techniques specific to your condition
- A home therapy program - We will set you up with what you need to confute your therapy at home. Anything treatment devices you need - we will send it to you express post!
What Do I need?
To set up an e-consultation there are a few you need to check. The main things you require are;
- A suitable device that has microphone and video accessibility - This can be a laptop, iPad, iPhone, tablet, or desktop computer with webcam capabilities (if you are unsure if you have the right equipment contact us today)
- An internet connection
- A credit card - payment is taken over the phone during the consult
- A suitable space in your home for the consult - occasionally we may ask you to lie down, or perform some simples tests and exercises
What conditions are suitable of an e-consult?
We use telehealth for a range of acute, subacute and chronic respiratory conditions including;
- Dysfunctional Breathing
- Lung Scarring
- many more
How to I arrange my e-consultation?
You can book your telehealth appointment online here - Book Online
Contact our reception team on Ph: 4200 6585 and ask for a telehealth appointment!
Send us a Message
Feel free to ask any questions over the phone, or get in touch via our contact form below. Your message will be dispatched directly to our staff who will answer as soon as they can.