Breathing can use between 10-30% of your blood flow and energy during exercise. Like muscles of the legs and arms, muscles of breathing can be trained to make them stronger, more powerful and more efficient.
Training the breathing muscles is done by using mouth based trainers where the load on the breathing muscles is progressively increased to ensure optimal growth and development of the breathing muscles.
Research into breathing training has demonstrated:
- 31% increase in breathing strength
- 23% increase in breathing endurance
- 7% increase in 800m rowing time trial
- 8% improvement in recovery time
- 11% improvement in cycle performance
Speak with us today about starting your inspiratory muscle training program.